Sunday 9 February 2020

Demounting system

I looked at various ways of supporting the camper to move it onto and off of the trck bed. There are some very sexy and expensive ways of doing this around. I happened a kit of four legs and a jack for about 200 pounds from Edwards Trailers. 

The legs have two hooks at the base to carry the weight and a lug at the top for stability. I created suitable brackets for these. 


These brackets are removeable. It is worth pointing out that I envisage that removing the camper will be a seasonal and not a daily event; I don't envisage removing it 'on-tour'. Part of the plan, of course, is for the vehicle and camper to be transportable in a shipping container. This plan envisages de-mounting the camper onto wheels, hitching the truck and camper together and driving both into the container. 

With the stands all attached the scaffolding was dismantled and the truck (gingerly) reversed beneath it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment